Please read the applicable Terms and Conditions before using the services provided by PT The Lorry Online Indonesia (“TheLorry”) or (“We”), a company under Indonesian law. TheLorry has set forth the legally binding Terms and Conditions that exist for the use of our services as set forth at www.thelorry.com (“Website”) (together with this site the “Services”).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last modified: 5 August 2021
The terms and conditions of the order will only apply if We have confirmed the same in writing. Acceptance of delivery of your goods will be deemed a formal statement of our Terms and Conditions. We do not ship items in the form of flammable materials, items containing toxic fumes and other items that are considered dangerous and illegal in Indonesia. You will be responsible if you ignore or refuse to notify us of the nature and condition of your goods in transit.
Please also see our Return and Refund.
USE OF INTERNET AS MEDIUM OF COMMUNICATION
You acknowledge that the internet is not a secure medium and information submitted for the Services hosted on Our Website may be accessed by third parties. TheLorry accepts no liability whatsoever in this circumstance.
DOCUMENTATION OF OUR SERVICES
Any form of documentation provided by Us must not be copied or made available to any third party or use for any other purpose other than the intended and agreed purpose as indicated in Our Website.
DELIVERY OF GOODS
We endeavour to adhere to stipulated delivery deadlines as indicated in Our Website. However, due to the hazards and peculiar features of Our Services, delivery deadlines will not be binding unless expressly agreed otherwise. Our contractual obligations are subject to a case to case basis based on your request and additional charges may incur.
Nothing in this terms and conditions shall require the mover to perform pick-up or delivery service at any location from or to which it is impracticable, through no fault or neglect of the mover to operate vehicles because of:
- The condition of roads, streets, driveways or alleys;
- Inadequate loading or unloading facilities; or
- Riots, Acts of God, the public enemy, the authority of law, strikes or labour unrest the existence of violence, or such possible disturbances as to create reasonable apprehension of danger to person or property.
TRANSPORT AND GOODS LIMITATION
There are a number of prohibitions for the use of TheLorry services. The following cases are specifically prohibited:
- ABSOLUTELY NO CARRIAGE OF ANY PERSON in cargo compartment for any distance or reason ever.
- ABSOLUTELY NO CARRIAGE OF ANY ANIMAL in cargo compartment for any distance or reason ever.
- Items of extraordinary value or items that are irreplaceable should not be moved via TheLorry.
- NO Hazardous Materials to be carried but is not limited to: explosives, gases, flammable liquids, flammable solids, poisonous or infectious substances, radioactive material, corrosives.
- NO firearms, ammunition or other explosive materials.
- NO illegal goods.
- Mover does not hold out to transport jewellery, objects d’art, currency, documents items of unusual value or rare metals. Unless otherwise indicated herein or agreed to by contract.
The driver is not required to accept delivery work that exceeds the provisions set by the Transportation Agency (Dishub) regarding the weight limit of the luggage or exceeds the vehicle’s capacity.
APPOINTMENTS/PICKUP AND DELIVERY TIMES
Pick up and delivery will be done at 07.00 – 21.00 local time, unless there is a special request that has been agreed and agreed for a time to be chosen outside of the times stated previously. The agreement made will not incur any additional fees. The driver will not be responsible for late deliveries or incorrect workmanship appointments if caused by circumstances beyond the driver’s control such as bad weather and traffic conditions, waiting times for loading and unloading, special requests from customers and other unexpected obstacles regarding loading and unloading of goods.
LIMITATIONS OF MOVER’S LIABILITY FOR PREMISE CLEARANCE
Mover assumes no responsibility for insuring or otherwise providing for clearance of lorry through or inspection by premise’s management. Mover is not responsible for the application for entry permit into pickup or delivery premise if the management rule and regulation require entry pass or permit to be applied beforehand. Mover or party in possession shall not be liable for loss, damage, deterioration of the goods or delay in delivery due to the process for management clearance or inspection.
PICKUP AND DELIVERY SERVICE
Rates stated are inclusive of pick up or delivery at all points within city limits, villages and other points from/to as per the rate where applicable, each order will only include pick up and one delivery unless a special request is made and additional charges have been agreed such as crossing fees, tolls and parking.
The driver can wait and give 1 (one) hour to start loading and unloading goods. The waiting time will start from the moment the driver arrives or from the time the driver is asked to wait to start loading or unloading (whichever is longer).
APPLICATION OF ACCESSORIAL CHARGES
In addition to the base rate and additional services requested for any booking and unless otherwise agreed in writing, the following accessorial charges shall apply and shall be reflected on the amended booking details and receipt shall the customer requested for one.
- This point applies when the vehicle and driver are delayed or obstructed outside the time of delivery to the customer or at the time of collection of goods if the obstacle is not the fault of the driver.
- The cost for these barriers will be charged to the customer for unloading and loading if agreed by the customer.
- When calculating time, work start time is the time when the driver notifies the customer of his arrival and the vehicle is ready to load or unload, depending on the situation, there will be no information on starting work until there is information on loading or unloading times or whichever comes first. informed by the customer
- When accounting for obstruction/holding costs, time off work will not be counted. Time outside of work in the form of lunch and break time.
- If at the end of the working day the unloading of goods has not been completed and cannot be completed on the same day, the customer must be given the following options:
- The driver can return to his place with the items that have not been unloaded from the vehicle, but the driver must return the next day with the appropriate items and as long as the customer has time available.
- Any remaining time (free time) that is not used from the first day will continue to the second day, the fee starts when all the remaining time (free time) is up
- If the vehicle unloads and reloads goods, each transaction will be carried out separately and the remaining time (free time) will be applied separately for each process.
- The price includes a waiting fee for 1 hour of the unloading process and 1 hour of loading the goods. If you pass the specified time, you will be charged a waiting fee of IDR 60,000/hour (Van, Pickup Bak, Pickup Box) or IDR 75,000/hour (Engkel Bak, Engkel Box, Double Bak, Double Box)
- The driver must give the customer the opportunity to sign the record of the obstacle that occurred and the customer will make a statement at that time. If the customer refuses to sign the note, the driver’s note will be used as a reference.
The costs listed do not include toll fees, parking, email (if any) and ferry boats (if outside the island).
Any cancellations must be made 3 (three) hours BEFORE the pick-up time/work by informing TheLorry Customer Service or contacting the assigned driver via telephone, WhatsApp or SMS.
If the booking has been made and then canceled less than 3 (three) hours from the pick-up time, then the customer must pay 50% of the total price of the order as a cancellation fee. Cancellation can also be done if there are circumstances such as:
If the driver has arrived and communicated with the customer, that the customer’s goods are not eligible for this service as stated in the “TRANSPORTATION AND GOODS RESTRICTION” category, or incorrect information provided by the customer that makes the transfer process unable to proceed.
Any cancellations must be made by informing TheLorry Customer Service or contacting the assigned driver by phone, WhatsApp or SMS.
COLLECT ON DELIVERY
For the on-site payment method, the driver will only accept payment in cash from the COD option as the payment method by the customer. For payment methods other than cash such as bank transfer, payment will be paid to PT The Lorry Online Indonesia, not to the driver unless approval is made. For the “Online Payment” method, the driver is not allowed to request additional payment from the customer unless there is an additional request that was not included in the original booking and the surcharge has been agreed with the driver. Drivers are not allowed to provide invoices or receipts for services that have been provided. TheLorry Indonesia provides invoices (invoices) or receipts based on customer requests.
ADDITIONAL LICENSE, PERMITS AND DEPOSIT FEES
Assistance Services are only available upon request. This service is also subject to a minimum additional fee of IDR 80,000 (Van & Pickup), IDR 100,000 (Engkel) and IDR 150,000 (Double Engkel). Additional assistance costs apply per person and the working hours for this additional / assistance staff are from 07.00 – 21.00 and are included with rest hours.
The customer is the party responsible for paying or refunding the driver for any fines caused by excess weight / load / dimensions of any shipment that causes the driver to be involved in violations of any law. Fines incurred for equipment damage are the responsibility of the equipment owner
RECONSIGNMENT OR DIVERSION
A request for diversion of transport will be subject to the following definitions, conditions and charges:
- The transfer request must be informed to TheLorry Customer Service team in writing (e-mail, WhatsApp or SMS) or by telephone.
- Diversion prior to movement of a shipment shall bear the rate that would otherwise have applied if the shipment was originally scheduled for movement to the final destination.
- Diversion en route shall be determined on the basis of the distance from origin to final destination via diversion point.
- If the transport is returned to the origin point, the rate to be applied will be the applicable rate to the most distant point actually traveled in addition to the mileage rate from same back to point of origin.
ADDITIONAL PICK UP/DROP OFF (STOP-OFF)
The following provisions govern additional stops in transit to partially load or unload, except as otherwise specifically provided.
- Goods received from one recipient at one point in one order can transit for the loading and unloading process of partial goods, but only if it has been approved by the driver
- The authorized party and has been appointed by the customer to receive the goods or to load the goods at a predetermined stop point can be made by the same person or different from the details of the order by the customer
- Requests for additional pick-up or delivery of goods must comply with the following conditions:
- The location of the pick-up or drop-off point.
- Information on weight, quantity, marking and description of goods to be loaded or unloaded.
- Name, contact number and address information of the party authorized to receive goods or drop off goods at the point of stop
- Notes will be made on order details and job descriptions for the types of goods unloaded at each stop.
- Replacement of the goods originally to be loaded or any exchange of the contents of the goods at the point of termination can be made if it has been agreed by the customer and recorded in the order details.
- Additional costs that may occur during the process of transporting goods or unloading goods must be paid in advance or guaranteed by the customer. If not prepaid, the customer must indicate on the order details the name of one of the parties who will pay all the costs, including the loading and unloading fees to be paid and invoiced, which is the responsibility of the party receiving part of the goods to be delivered.
- The fee that will be paid by the customer for the transit point service will be calculated at the applicable rate from the starting point to the stop location or from the transit point to another transit point in addition to the first delivery fee from the starting point to the final destination
PASSING OF RISK
When your goods are to be transported or transferred using transportation, any risk (including accidental loss, destruction or damage) (“Risk”) that occurs in the process of delivery will be borne by you. As part of our service, we will assist in ensuring the quality level of handling your goods during the delivery process, but we cannot accept any liability arising from it unless you use the insurance services available on our services.
INDEMNITY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You agree to bear the risk and agree to indemnify TheLorry and its employees against all costs, losses, damages, costs and others (including loss of reputation and goodwill and other additional costs) and any claims arising from your actions in any way related to service or breach of obligations as stipulated in the Terms and Conditions.
TheLorry shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any costs, expenses, damages, liabilities or damages arising out of or in the process of relating to the service.
This limitation does not exclude liability for TheLorry’s negligence or death or personal injury arising from such negligence.
The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or part of these Terms and Conditions do not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between the parties relating to the Services (unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing by TheLorry) and supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, no information of any nature about the Services or any of these Terms and Conditions should be relied upon unless confirmed in writing by TheLorry.
The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Indonesia law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Indonesian courts.
These Terms and Conditions are not intended to nor shall create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them. No person shall derive any benefit or have any right, entitlement or claim in relation to this Terms and Conditions.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions at any time and any changes may be made without notice to you. We recommend you to read this Terms and Conditions periodically.
By continuing to access or use Our Services after those revisions or changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms and Conditions, please stop using the Website and/or Our Services.